Merits and Program in UKM


Good day everyone!



I just finished talking with my friends about college merits. There are just too many students for very few places at hostels in UKM. Only some are lucky enough to get a room. So, the competition is quite tough. When I first entered here, during MMM which is our orientation week, the seniors talk about how we must be active and joins programs as well as the secretariat in order to secure our places at hostel.

The truth is, that’s just words.

I’m not saying that it is not entirely true. But from what I have heard from my brothers, ex-roommate who is in final year and friends’ older siblings, having a lot of merits is not enough. The keys are to be close to certain people and of course, have good academic results.

And because of that, there were talks about how joining programs in university is a waste of time. To me, I believed what my brothers said. But joining programs is not a waste of time.  Right now, I’m currently joining a program called International Festival at my college.

Hari Interaksi

Hari Interaksi

Hari Interaksi



I’m going to be honest.
I’m too tired to attend meetings and selling ‘kerepek’ every week.

But I endured it, I guess. Program like this does me more benefits than damages. Before Interfest, I have joined and organized other programs too, in UKM and back in high school.

Now, I know how to send invitations to bigger audiences, dealing with professional people and organizations, steps for finding sponsors from well-known companies, creating real formal letters and documents that are used to acquire something not just for marks in examination and the right protocol when handling professional events.

Enough with the rambling…

Actually, I haven’t done much with Interfest. Before joining this, there was an interview. Of course, I want to impress. Who wouldn’t right? After rambling about how I’m very experienced in finding sponsors for events, I ended up get the spot. Not for sponsor team which I’m so eager to join but instead sports team. It was quite a shock really. At first, I couldn’t believe it, up to the point that I’m considering withdrawing.

But someone told me to give it a chance.

Then, magically I have come to like my job and my team (Don’t tell them)

Sports Team, sadly not complete


So, moving on, we are going to organize a run next year (wait for it, we are still planning)

Apart from that, up until now, there’s only one program I have done so far with Interfest which is Pelancaran Logo International Festival 2020. My team is not directly involved in organizing that, we were just the audiences. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it. The event was a success.






There are more incoming events. I’m going to be busier next year. So, I’m enjoying the little time I have right now.

Just realized that I didn't write on what Interfest is about😐😂. To make it simple, it's a festival, that emphasizes cultures from all around the world in every criterion like foods, music, and sports. My team is in charge of sports.

I hope that this program will be a success.






Comments

  1. i have heard about this before.. anyway. sell to me your kerepek next week ok.
    good luck for your interfest. the event sounds sooo big :D
    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A walk in UKM

UKM- Food Hunting

My Class: Thai Language