My Journey from UKM to Kedah


Good day everyone!

I just returned from home after finishing my midsemester break. I’m still feeling a little bit dizzy and tired from the journey. I’m from Kedah, so you see, it’s a long journey.

                    Image result for tired gif

Having to travel back and forth from Bangi to Alor Setar each time is a bit tiresome, to be honest. But I’m used to it now to the point that I’m able to actually enjoy the whole journey.

Since I can’t seem to grasp on ideas for new entry (I’m still thinking while writing this), so I decided to share my experiences traveling from UKMàKedah🙌

The fastest way is obviously by flight. It only takes about 1 hour and a half if I’m not mistaken. But I didn’t take the flight because I’m afraid to fly alone. Instead, I took either ETS or bus.

Usually, I prefer  ETS more because it is more convenient, comfortable and punctual.

 Image result for ets

ETS is controlled by technology, so it’s very punctual. It only takes about 4 to 5 hours to arrive depending on what type of class you take. I usually take the Platinum class, since it has the least number of stops, the fastest and they used to give free food like biscuits and such. The price for a Platinum coach is about RM93.

                             Image result for ets platinum coach

Image result for ets cafeteria

  

There is a discount for students, but since I didn’t have KTM Student Card, I can’t apply for the discount. To make KTM Students Card, you can apply here. There is a fee of about RM30. But right now, ETS has introduced a new class which is Business class. I have never tried it, so I don’t really know about that.

Whenever I travel via ETS, I usually take MRT bus from UKM to Kajang Station, then rode the MRT to Muzium Negara station because it is connected to KL Sentral. Then, I rode on the ETS from there. I chose the KL Sentral as my starting location because it is more systematic there. A few UKM students I know, chose TBS as a starting location too.

I always take a seat at coach C. There’s a café inside the ETS. The café is situated at coach C (hence the reason why I chose coach C). So, if you love food, you know what coach to take. I love their fried noodles the most. There is also prayer room for Muslims. It is also situated at coach C.




However, since ETS is a bit pricey and the ticket is very limited, sometimes I also travel via bus. For bus, I usually take either Sani Express,

Image result for sani express



Maraliner


Image result for maraliner double

or Pancaran Matahari.

Image result for pancaran matahari double

Most of the time, I took Sani Express. I love that they prioritize safety the most. The staffs are friendly and there is also wifi on board.

When I travel via bus, I usually depart from TBS even though the nearest bus station is at Kajang because it is more systematic, easy and safer. I used to buy the ticket from the counter, but now, I found a better way. I purchase ticket through TBS Eticketing.
You just need to have internet banking😉

Since TBS is not connected to MRT, so I use KTM instead. From UKM, there is a bus that will take us directly to KTM UKM station. Then, I just take KTM to Bandar Tasik Selatan station.

For traveling by bus, it is much cheaper. My ticket usually ranges from RM44 to RM50. However, it takes longer to arrive. Usually, it is more than 7 hours for me. The most important thing using bus is patience.

The thing I love the most when using bus is the RnR. Sani Express always stops at RnR Sungai Perak for lunch. I loves the food even though I'm always eating alone😂

                                Related image
   Related image

That's all for today's entry.
Until we meet again.



Comments

  1. Salam Balkis,
    Thanks for sharing your journey to hometown experience
    just remember to be careful every time when you are travelling ok coz it seems you are doing it alone.
    good job as always. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A walk in UKM

UKM- Food Hunting

My Class: Thai Language